Skip to content

Read Full Article Here:

Those who had been hoping to have their records expunged for cannabis crimes had to be even more patient.

Those with prior cannabis convictions could petition the court, a costly and arduous exercise, but there wasn’t much of a framework to accomplish that.

In short, though, you’ll have to get a copy of your record from the district attorney’s office or courthouse where it’s held, and then file your petition.

Gerber told VICE that a pilot program, Clear My Record, was launched last summer in five California county district attorney’s offices: San Francisco, San Joaquin, Contra Costa, Los Angeles, and Sacramento.

In August, the nonprofit made the application available to every district attorney in all California counties.

No comment yet, add your voice below!

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Articles